Supun,

I've written up a description that might serve as a starting point for
your application.  See the bottom of:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007

I'll also add a potential project about performance/memory optimization.

WILL

On 3/17/07, Supun Kamburugamuva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I like to work on macro stuff with velocty as a project for gsoc 2007.
I'm new to velocty. So can anyone ponit me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Supun

On 3/16/07, Ahmed Mohombe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ideas from the community?
> What about some *real* performance improvements?
>
> 4 years ago, when Velocity gained a big number of users, it was because
Velocity
> was much faster than JSP.
>
> This is not true anymore, as JSP is much faster and scalable now.
>
> Maybe it would be the time to try to regain a part of your users with a
"Performance Improvements
> Project".
>
> Of course, it doesn't sounds spectacular, but the effect would be one for
sure :).

> Velocity needs really almost no new features(except better error reporting
and whitespace control),
> but better speed is always good.
>

> Ahmed.
> P.S. I don't expect Velocity to be again faster than JSP (it was up to 5
times faster in the past),
> but now the situation is almost reversed, so reducing the gap a little would
be great.

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]