Steven,

Don't judge this community by this thread - we have a long history of constructive and positive collaborative development. Give it another chance.

geir

On Mar 10, 2008, at 8:05 AM, Yates Family wrote:

I take my hat off to all current, previous and prospective OS developers. Clearly without the collective input and ideas this developer community
contributes to projects such as Velocity, software development as a
respected profession will struggle to earn a reputation as an innovative
vehicle which drives results.

I joined this mailing list in the hope I would gain access to a bank of experienced developers by which of course I could draw on and develop my own skills and techniques. After reading these posts, I am not convinced these
mailing lists are an appropriate tool which facilitates active and
constructive participation. I will not be recommending this to my
professional colleagues within the industry.

Many Thanks
Steven Yates

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Dekany [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 10 March 2008 3:51 PM
To: Velocity Developers List
Subject: Re: Call a velocity macro

:D Hilarious! I mean, everybody knows Jonathan is an ass hole for his
doing this aggressive "advertising" here, and I told him back then for
several occasions to stop it (I'm a FreeMarker contributor... coming
from the side of the SATAN <grunting/>, you know), but what he brings
out of you guys worths all the face loss of the FM project. :) I
understand that ass licking and being Politically Correct and things
like that are very important for being "professional", means, for a
good career. I can handle that, life is that disgusting and cruel,
etc... I shut my trap at may employees as well, and of course I LOVE
THEM ;), who ever they are. If they think that brings them the income,
so be it. But, sometimes I have the feeling that some of you are not
just pretending these things for practical considerations, but you
indeed think it seriously! And that's creepy. Since when should people
respect things that are bad, and since when it's not professional to
call the sh*t to what it is? Especially in private??? Come on! I have
to puke from all of this liberal bullshit when someone honestly
believes these. How can someone be such a... eh. And then you felt you
have to report it on the list, or what was that??? And then... this
"When Nathan Bubna wrote me"... I know it's not the same case, but I
can't help but remember when on another ASF list I was critical about
a certain technical aspect of a project, in a *professional* but
surely firm way, and another user started to discuss the stuff with me
as opposed to trying to gently ridicule the issue. And later he wrote
me in private, that he wont continue, because his employer, whose
company was connected with some key personal at the ASF project, was
told him that, well, it was a wrong thing that he has talked to me. He
was almost angry with me because I got him into trouble. God... You
see, poor guy was all time there on the list, but he didn't realize I
was internally declared to be persona non garta (it seems...), and he
talked to me! What a mistake! :)