Yates Family wrote:
I take my hat off to all current, previous and prospective OS developers.
Clearly without the collective input and ideas this developer community
contributes to projects such as Velocity, software development as a
respected profession will struggle to earn a reputation as an innovative
vehicle which drives results.

Very long sentence that. I'm not sure what you're saying.

I joined this mailing list in the hope I would gain access to a bank of
experienced developers by which of course I could draw on and develop my own
skills and techniques. After reading these posts, I am not convinced these
mailing lists are an appropriate tool which facilitates active and
constructive participation. I will not be recommending this to my
professional colleagues within the industry.

Yeah, well, I guess you heard about this open source stuff. Free software, you don't have to pay for it, and if you can't figure out how to things (or are too lazy to figure it out) you can get on one of these lits and people will give you technical tips and explain stuff to you. For free. It sounded like a great deal.

What they didn't tell you, though, was that you actually end up interacting with other human beings. They should have warned you about that. But, you know, everything has a catch...

Anyway, nothing for you to get worked up about. Relax, go eat some vegemite. I hear that stuff does wonders for the brain.

Jonathan Revusky

Velocity or FreeMarker: Looking at 5 Years of Practical Experience
http://freemarker.blogspot.com/2007/12/velocity-of-freemarker-looking-at-5.html