On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/9/8 Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>:
>> No, we're not definitely not mavenizing the Engine trunk, only the 2.x
>> branch (which can probably lose the "exp" moniker by now).  Also, we
>> should not mavenize the Tools trunk, but create a 2.1.x branch for
>> that.  The trunk is probably fine for the rest the projects.
>
> For me it's essentially the same, as long as we schedule the move to a
> correct codebase management, i.e. trunk for the most advanced
> codebase, branches for maintenance.

a good point, though the Engine trunk is not maintenance (yet), it's
1.x development, at least until 1.7 final is out.  after that, we can
see if anyone wants to develop a 1.8 or not.  but for Tools, i
concede.  The trunk should be copied to a 2.0.x branch and then
upgraded to 2.1-SNAPSHOT for mavenization.