After further thinking about it I think I agree with Myrle:
If you can answer a Chinese issue in Chinese, just do so.
If you want, you can translate both question and answer to English
manually or automatically as well.
I don't read any Chinese, so I would definitely have to translate to
English and then write my response in English. As a service (and
respect) to the user I then also might translate my response to
Chinese automatically and post that as well.

Real rules on languages will probably only be required for formal
discussions and votes here on the mailing list.

-J