On 29 February 2016 at 21:56, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:40 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 February 2016 at 21:37, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Main page lists a link for:
>>>
>>> https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podlings/by-age
>>>
>>> This lists 50 PPMCs
>>>
>>> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster lists
>
> How did you get to this page?

I typed it in, because it's not linked from the main page.
Perhaps it should be added above the list of its sub-pages?

> It should have a trailing slash.  Do we
> need to add the following to
> infrastructure-puppet/data/nodes/whimsy-vm2.apache.org.yaml
>
>         RedirectMatch ^/roster$ /roster/

Probably not.

>>> 51    Podlings    Active podlings at the ASF =>
>>> https://whimsy.apache.org/podlings => 404
>>>
>>> Not sure where the link is supposed to go
>>
>> Found it at
>>
>> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/podlings
>>
>> However this repeats the information in, and indeed links to,
>> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/#current
>
> Apparently not.  One has 50 and one has 51.  :-)
>
>> Not sure why there is a need for this duplication.
>> Why not just link to the incubator site?
>
> I do link to the incubator site when you click on an individual podling.
>
> The index pages has counts, and can sort in various ways by clicking
> on the headings.

Did not realise that; it's not immediately obvious.
I think the Status column should be between the Name and Description
(and IMO they would be more obvious if they were capitalised).

> I'm not sure what cross-checks may be useful, but an
> example where cross-checks find authorizations associated with retired
> podlings can be found on the groups page.

Current podlings may have a non-LDAP group (for SVN auth); this should
disappear when the podling graduates (it's replaced by an LDAP
committee group) or retires (it should be removed).

>>> or why the pages disagree on
>>> the number of podlings
>
> Nope.  I would have thought that the two pages were derived from the
> same data source.

They should both be derived from podlings.xml, but maybe they
interpret it differently.
Or maybe they are using different copies - there's the original SVN,
then maybe a staging copy and the deployed copy.
If a change has not been fully pushed there could be discrepancies.