Not sure what you mean by "push it"?

I wasn't saying that there shouldn't be the Eclipse settings, just
that at some stage it might be worth documenting them in a more
generic way than just the .pref files.

Unfortunately, while I can generate a IDEA 7 project by importing the
pom.xml files, I don't know of anything that converts the Eclipse
settings into the correct IDEA settings. Once done, they could be
uploaded, but that's not the problem!

/Gwyn