Hello,

some time age there was a thread where sb. had problems because they used more CSS references (in their pages combined of many panels) than the IE would actually load in the end (some limit of around 30 I think).

Today I surfed to theserverside.com and this one cathced my interest: http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=48318

based on that idea, I wondered if it would make sense to have wicket scan at start *all* CSS + JS references of a webapp and unite them into 1 file each that would be compressed and then only deliver this file from that time on (cached - of course this should be possible to disable/ enable vie the init() to also allow current behaviour, and maybe allow to exclude certain recources from default).

This would lead to the effect that the needed JS + CSS would only be loaded once on wicket apps as browsers cache these things (usually even longer than 1 visit) which would reduce overall bandwith and server-usage (no more multi panel-for-CSS/ JS scanning that is done currently at each page-creation) as well as page-loading times for end-users of the webapps.

Now, what do you think? Would this be a good idea for 1.4 or not?

Best,

Korbinian