+1 for removing 'I'. I personally do like it but since this is what the
committers prefer than I'm fine.

-1 for renaming Model to anything else.
@Erik: it'd be interesting to be at a course of jWeekend where you'll
explain to the attendees "Wicket consists of components, models, ... and
the basic model is Locator (and all implementations end with **Model)".
I'll find it confusing.
I hope Wicket 1.5 will not rename all existing Model implementations.

A side note: some third party projects already depends on 'I' classes.
For example Terracotta depends on IClusterable for its Wicket module.
Take this into account as well.