On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Sven Meier <s...@meiers.net> wrote:
> Hi Matej,
>
> I don't know how my suggestion is related to seriousness, you don't have to
> question my Java 101.
I'm not questioning your Java 101. But in your previous email you
basically suggested that ObjectModel can't hold a collection because I
said it holds single object.

> I was specifically referring to your statement:
>
>>ObjectModel sounds like a really good name to me because it says what it
>> does.
>>Holds single object.
>
> I thought you wanted to emphasize *single*, which doesn't fit for many cases
> where Wicket components access a list of objects through their model. I know
> that a collection object is still a single instance but semantically it's
> 'many'. BTW we had this discussion about introducing a specialized
> collection model a few months ago.
I didn't emphasize single. I just stated a fact. If i wanted to
emphasize single I would have called it SingleObjectModel.
Collection in java is an object. If I call something ObjectModel do
you have any reason to assume that it can't hold a collection?

> Every model provides access to an object, so the emphasis can't be on
> *object* either.
Every model provides access to an object but every model does it
differently. If I see ObjectModel i would assume that it keeps
reference to an object.
I could  have of course suggested ObjectReferenceKeepingModel but
sometimes more concise class names are better...

> If you want to stress the fact, that the current Model class *holds* an
> object, then why don't you suggest to rename it to HoldModel?
Why would I want to do that?

-Matej