I just gave some hints - you did all the stuff! ;-)

I saw something about a new SNAPSHOT version of wicket-eclipse-setting and I
also saw that it corrects the compiler level in the prefs - so yes two versions
for JDK 6 and JDK 7 are needed - version 2-SNAPSHOT in the master branch has to
be tested and released before the Wicket 7 Release, because Wicket 7 can't be
released with SNAPSHOTS.

wicket-eclipse-settings has to be "mvn install"ed to be tested with the
SNAPSHOT - anyone who is able to do this except me (the plugin of the market
place has to be installed) ?

@Emond: maybe you?! Because you know the plugin and the wicket formatting
rules?!

kind regards