    <developerConnection>scm:svn:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/tags/wicket-eclipse-settings-2
</developerConnection>
    <url>
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/pom/tags/wicket-eclipse-settings-2</url>
  </scm>
in its pom.xml and fails with:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.1:prepare (default-cli)
on project wicket-eclipse-settings: Unable to commit files
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The svn command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: E155007:
'/home/martin/git/apache/wicket/wicket-eclipse-settings/pom.xml' is not a
working copy
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

How did you release ver. 1?