On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> developers, this is invaluable since they dont know to constantly look at
>> the server console. It would be great if that could be expanded to included
>> indications of other server side errors ( such as serialization problems ).
>
> The serialization of the page is done after the flushing of the response so
> it is a bit late.
> We can implement a new way to notify WebSocket/ServerSentEvent/AjaxPolling
> instead and show a floating div (like Growl) with the error message...

At €dayjob we have a behavior on the page that performs an additional
Ajax call to the server to see if there were any serialization errors
(we have extended the serialization checker with a check for Hibernate
entities), and then redirect to an error page if any serverside errors
were detected.

Martijn