The toolchain I've added to the build is only for the release profile.
Normal use will not be dependent on the availability of JDK 6 (for
wicket 6)

In the coming weeks I'll try to see how far we can get with the
animalsniffer maven plugin to ensure we don't use Java N+1 features in
a Java N branch. That would at least remove some worries about using
non-existing API and only detecting it at release time.

Martijn