Hi guys,

I am currently playing around a bit with the nashorn implementation of Java 8.

I just implemented a ResourceReference to show up cool features. :-)

Features:
* Post javascript against the resource reference which is executed on server side and optional enriched with user scoped objects that can be accessed (read / write)
* Access to user objects can be setup in the corresponding method
* A generic interface to allow third party developers to implement required functionality with java script
* Access to any kind of java objects made available
* No compilation needed

Example of the Reference:

https://github.com/klopfdreh/wicket/blob/cafb899d3a6fd61d4e93fc556053df3689bd8ced/wicket-core/src/test/java/org/apache/wicket/resource/NashornResourceReferenceTest.java

Examples of Nashorn:

http://winterbe.com/posts/2014/04/05/java8-nashorn-tutorial/

Improvements left to implement:
* A timeout that interrupts the javascript engine if the execution takes to long

WDYT?

kind regards

Tobias