Hi,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Korbinian Bachl <
korbinian.ba...@whiskyworld.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after deploying our app with wicket 8, I've seen that the javacript files
> of AJAX are not really optimised.
>
> Issues are:
>
> - 2 Files - instead of putting out 1 file of JS for wicket, we get 2 (3 if
> we count jQuery); I dont see this as good especially since 1 of those files
> is quite small...

Agreed!

> - JS Code is not compressed/ optimized for production; so far only
> comments are stripped out but no real optimization in terms of newline
> (nearly 3k!) and whitespaces are done

Not true!
At
https://github.com/apache/wicket/tree/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/ajax/res/js
there are only non-compressed but in the produced wicket-core.jar there are
.min.js next to them.

> Beside this, it is also noticable that the jQuery JS file gets stripped of
> its copyright notice, see:

This must be
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/411aa0ee38d45232f075549bf7212e78a0c626ce/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/javascript/DefaultJavaScriptCompressor.java
You can disable it with getResourceSettings().setJavaScriptCompressor(null)