I am not sure how to react on this '+1'.
Martin Terra, you requested this feature and then never bothered to upgrade
to something newer than 1.4.
Sorry, but your votes don't count anymore! :-)

Martin: I fully agree with you. How this feature was introduced can, at
least, be called "weird".

Fwiw, I think the basic idea ( not having to adjust java code when changing the nesting of markup tags) is a sound one. I've personally never witnessed any of those edge-cases where component queuing is not working properly... but then again, we have a very old (10+ years) Wicket application with a lot of code that never got touched after component queuing got introduced (and most devs here kind of stuck with the old habit of just using Component#add()).

A wild guess as I don't know about the actual performance impact this feature has: Compared to the slowdown caused by single-threaded Page access orĀ  the fact that most useful code will at some point hit a database/external REST API/whatever, it's probably miniscule and IMHO by itself not too convincing as an argument for the removal of this feature.

Just my 2 cents,
Tobias

--
Tobias Gierke
Software Developer

Voipfuture GmbH   Wendenstr. 4   20097 Hamburg   Germany
Phone +49 40 688 9001 64   Fax +49 40 688 9001 99
Managing Directors   Jan Bastian   Eyal Ullert
Commercial Court AG Hamburg   HRB 109896   VAT ID DE263738086