Hi,

we use wicket for many years now and so far it is a great framework to use. One
thing that however seems still a bit of a problem is the way wicket handles
(runtime) errors.
If you look at a page then the content is often composed of 100's of panels and
components.
As long as every single component is working all is fine... but if just 1 of
the many 100 components has any kind of runtime-errors it leads to a 500 server
error.
So I wondered: what stops us from letting wicket have a "resilient mode"?
- A mode where an runtime error in any component doesnt lead to the error
beeing done as a 500 but instead only let this single component/panel silently
fail (by not outputting it - as if it would be .visible(false)) and do this
gracefully in the background?
While wicket doing error-logging in the background?
All beeing done by having a setting to let wicket be gracefully/resilient in
deploymode?

What do you think about this approach?

Best,

Korbinian