Guys we also ship the product with admin/admin as the password. I'm willing
to bet there are tons of production machines with this unchanged :(.

If the security risk at hand is that someone will leave their machine
unlocked and someone else can come in and access the admin console because
the session didn't time out honestly for me that's a theoretical problem.
Shouldn't the person have a screen saver + lock on their machine?? Any real
admin would.

I'm +1 for changing the default to 30 mins. The session growth scenario is
real but again very unlikely for the console .. many people don't log in at
once to a boring server console, even if its as hot as ours!

Sanjiva.

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
email: sanj...@wso2.com; phone: +94 11 763 9614; cell: +94 77 787 6880 | +1