Damitha you guys can't take the name "Stratos Controller" .. that's what
we're using for the full group of stuff that "controls" Stratos: manager,
IS, G-Reg, BAM, B&M etc..

Please review the slide deck on Stratos scaling and you'll see the terms.
We used to call that whole thing the manager but that made no sense because
we have a thing inside called manager too.

Sanjiva.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> And it was discussed that we should have a controller pack as part of the
> release
>
> Thanks,
> Damitha
>

> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM, Sajith Kariyawasam <saj...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Further, we will need to investigate as to why it takes more than
>> expected time for the LB to receive the 'Join' message when an app server
>> is started inside a container
>>
>> Also, it was suggested that we should test this with multiple domains
>> (not only AS, but also ESB.. etc)
>>
>> Regarding the introductory presentation, I think its better to add Agent
>> registration part and some of the controller's functionalities
>> (persistence) so that the overall picture gets more clearer.
>>

>> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Today we had another demo.
>>>
>>> Participants were: Azeez, Srinath, Dimuthu, Damitha, Sameera, Pradeep,
>>> Ranga, Lahiru, Sajith and myself.
>>>
>>> First we gave a brief overview of the autoscaling architecture. Then we
>>> started the demo.
>>>
>>> We were able to demo end-end (LB -> Controller --> Agent) scenario for
>>> spawning an instance (through LB sanity check) and termination of an
>>> instance (through scaling down call) within a LXC container.
>>>
>>> Few suggestions came up:
>>>
>>> 1. Create separate carbon instances (rather than using Appservers) for
>>> controller and agent.
>>> 2. Create a simple UI for controller to show instances spawned in each
>>> adapter, instances belong to a particular domain etc.
>>> 3. Fixing the domain related issue in AutoscaleInMediator (This arose
>>> with the changes in loadbalancer.conf to reflect tenant aware load
>>> balancing).
>>> 4. Fixing the routing issue using Azeez's fix to Axis2.
>>> 5. Make scaling up demonstrable using a back-end service which has some
>>> processing (or having a Thread.sleep(..) call).
>>>
>>> Please add anything I've missed!
>>>
>>> PS: We'll repeat the demo next week (hopefully with some more
>>> improvements next week, for Sanjiva, Paul and anyone interested).
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Thanks & regards,
>>> Nirmal
>>>
>>> Software Engineer- Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
>>> Mobile: +94715779733

>> *Sajith Kariyawasam*
>> *Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com*

> Damitha Kumarage