Controller might not be the best term to use, but what we discussed was,
all this Tropos stuff is related to IaaS, and not PaaS. In PaaS, controller
has a special meaning as per the Gartner definition & includes
BAM/B&M/IdentityMgt etc. For lack of a better term, I think calling this
Tropos controller will be OK, and there will be no confusion since this is
at the IaaS layer.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Damitha you guys can't take the name "Stratos Controller" .. that's what
>> we're using for the full group of stuff that "controls" Stratos: manager,
>> IS, G-Reg, BAM, B&M etc..
>
>  What we've decided in the last demo meeting was to call this "Tropos
> controller" since the Stratos controller is given to above.
>

>> Please review the slide deck on Stratos scaling and you'll see the terms.
>> We used to call that whole thing the manager but that made no sense because
>> we have a thing inside called manager too.
>>
>> Sanjiva.
>>
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> And it was discussed that we should have a controller pack as part of
>>> the release
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Damitha

>>> __________________________________________________________________