Hi Senaka,

Please note my previous mail.

- if (tenantDomain == null)
+if (MultitenantConstants.SUPER_TENANT_DOMAIN_NAME.equals(tenantDomain)) {
+//do super tenant something
+} else if (teanantDomain == null) {
+//do something - prolly throw exception
+}

Chethiya started throwing IllegalStateException. We started doing changes
yesterday on the trunk - will commit once all test cases are passing.

thanks,
dimuthu

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Dimuthu, I believe that Azeez and I share the same view here. tenantDomain
> == null means, either we didn't find the tenant or the tenant information
> was never recorded due to some initialization error. And, the super tenant
> would always need to be recognized by the constant. Now, this is similar to
> what you've suggested in a way but my question is not properly answered by
> that solution.
>
> My concern is, if super tenant now has a domain, the tenant domain should
> start appearing in each request, each URL, and every single incoming
> message. But this is not what we have been doing. Even after fixing this,
> we still have not changed what we have been doing. For the super tenant
> requests, we still don't have the tenantDomain being specified in the very
> same manner as for a normal tenant. I've noticed that Pradeep's fixes to
> the registry kernel preserves this behavior. But, what I'm not sure is how
> are we going to keep doing the same in the future, because in such
> situations, no tenantDomain is present.
>
> Therefore, we need a solid answer for what's the proper approach. I
> noticed that Achala pointed out the same thing in another thread.
>
> Thanks,
> Senaka.
>

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Going forward, tenantDomain == null means only one thing. We don't know
>> who the tenant is or tenant hasn't been initialized, so we have to fail if
>> we are trying to perform some restricted operations.
>>
>>  On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Pradeep,
>>>
>>> Going through the code in Registry Kernel I discovered that you have
>>> made changes to determine whether you are super tenant as follows:
>>>
>>> tenantDomain == null ||
>>> MultitenantConstants.SUPER_TENANT_DOMAIN_NAME.equals(tenantDomain)
>>>
>>> Is this correct? Why are we checking for null or some constant?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Senaka.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Senaka Fernando*
>>> Member - Integration Technologies Management Committee;
>>> Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com*
>>> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org
>>>
>>> E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
>>> **P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
>>> Linked-In: http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando
>>>
>>> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

>> *Afkham Azeez*
>> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://www.apache.org/
>> * <http://www.apache.org/>**
>> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
>> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
>> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
>> *
>> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*

> [...]

Dimuthu Leelarathne
Architect & Co-Chair of Platform Management Committee

WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
email: dimut...@wso2.com

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware