Cassandra is not something that would function properly in an "embedded"
manner. There is no such thing as an "embedded" mode of Cassandra.

We start with a Cassandra features installed inside BAM for convenience.

We need to avoid this being misinterpreted as a server that can be loaded
as it is. We can put this in docs, but we need some warning to in the
product itself the user that Cassandra should be started separately.

The same applies for BAM. It is 3 servers in 1. These should be separated
according to the load received and the amount of "data processing load".
Even this is not clear to someone, unless they refer the docs, which is not
good enough. It has to be clear when someone uses the product.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Amani Soysa <am...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Regardless of the appender, such appenders that publish events could have
>> an effect on performance.
>>
>> Yes will do a performance test on it and update the thread once we
> complete BAMEventPublisher.
>

>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Amani <am...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually we are not using the Cassandra appender. Instead of that we are
>>> using LogEventAppender which sends logs to BAM. Cassandra appender was
>>> something we implemented earlier before we decided to send logs to BAM. We
>>> will test LogEventAppender and send the result once we complete it. Right
>>> now we are having issues publishing log events to BAM.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Jun 11, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a major concern about this appender with regards to performance.
>>> If it leads to major performance issues, we cannot use it. Amani, can you
>>> do some tests which do logging with & without the Cassandra appender & send
>>> the results?
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Afkham Azeez*
>>> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com