Hi Isuru,

I'd like to add a third option to the list for consideration. :)

How about doing the synchronization between cluster nodes AFTER the C-App's
extracted artifacts are deployed? I'm not sure whether it's possible to do
with the current architecture, but if it is, then I think things will be
easier.
But with this option, there could be issues in node 2. That's because node
2 will also try to deploy the C-App as well in addition to its artifacts!
Hope that can be fixed!

WDYT?

Thanks,
--KasunG

To resolve this issue, there are two possible options..

>>> 1. Keeping all artifacts coming from C-Apps out of the repository
>>> (repository/deployment/server)
>>> 2. Keeping the original C-App out of the repository
>>>
>>> Initially I tried option 1 above and programetically called the relevant
>>> deployers for individual artifacts. But this creates lot of problems with
>>> some artifacts (Ex: ESB stuff). Therefore, I'm trying to solve the initial
>>> problem using option 2 above.
>>>
>>> I've taken the carbonapps directory out of repository/deployment/server
>>> directory and kept it as repository/carbonapps (we can change this if
>>> needed). Still the carbonapps directory has hot deployment capabilities.
>>> But it won't be synchronized by the DS. So when a C-App is deployed into
>>> node 1, it will be extracted and only the individual artifacts will be
>>> copied into the repository. When the DS runs, all needed artifacts will be
>>> synced to node 2. Therefore, functionality wise, there won't be any issues
>>> on node 2.
>>>

>> I see a possible issue with option2.
>>
>> Currently it is possible to deploy 3rd party dependencies to Carbon
>> Servers using JavaLibraryArtifact C-App Artifact type and Carbon Server
>> extensions such as Custom Mediators, Registry Handlers, filters, etc via
>> C-Apps. When the C-App is deployed in a server, those artifacts gets
>> deployed in to the repository/components/dropins location but not the
>> repository.
>>

> Deploying artifacts into dropins is a major issue! It does not work for
> tenants, so is broken anyway. Anything that does not work in multi-tenant
> mode in terms of deployment, can safely be considered to be broken.
>

>> If we go ahead with option 2 to avoid C-Apps getting picked by DS, how
>> can we handle the syncing of aforementioned Artifact types across a
>> cluster?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Harshana
>>

>>> But if someone logs into the management console of node 2 and go to the
>>> C-App list, nothing will be listed. Is this something we have to fix?
>>> Because anyway in a RW/RO cluster, user can't use the management console of
> [...]

*Kasun Gajasinghe*
Software Engineer;
Development Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com ,
*email: **kasung AT spamfree wso2.com** cell: **+94 (77) 678-0813*
*linked-in: *http://lk.linkedin.com/in/gajasinghe*
*
*blog: **http://blog.kasunbg.org* <http://blog.kasunbg.org>*
twitter: **http://twitter.com/kasunbg* <http://twitter.com/kasunbg>*