On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Suresh Attanayaka <sur...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Prabath Siriwardena
>> <prab...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> UserStoreManager API is not clean at all.. There so many stuff can
>>> remove... Also maintain two interfaces one in the core and another in API.
>>> We need to get rid of the interface in core..

>>> This is useful.. In a multi-tenanted environment - primary user store is
>>> governed by the super tenant.. It's also better to have a method
>>> getRoles(String userStoreDomain).
>>>

>> This is wrong. You should not try to get the roles from the UserStore.
>> Roles has to come from the Authorization manager.
>>

> Where the Authorization manager going to store the roles ? In a DB or in
> another LDAP ?

First thing you need to keep in mind when designing interfaces it should
not depends on the implementation. If you guys have put roles to user store
considering the performance problem that is not correct.

Authorisation manager can have different implementations DB, LDAP etc ...
So I don't see any implementation problem here as well.

thanks,
Amila.