Hi IsuruU

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Isuru Udana <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Since this is an addition of 2 new methods, I don't think it'll have an
>> impact unless someone tries to install new features to a product released
>> on an older chunk. Ex: If someone tries to install APIM (chunk2) features
>> on top of AS 5.2.0 (chunk1), then there'll be a problem. But in this kind
>> of situation we anyway have to ask people to install all kernel patches
>> since there are bug fixes anyway.
>>

> No. This has an impact for the next chunk releases.
> If we are going to create a org.wso2.carbon.registry.indexing 4.2.2 or
> some component use this api change in chunk-03 or later chunks. we always
> have to build patch0001 even it is released.

I am not sure why that is necessary, its true you have to build patch0001
till its being released with the chunk02 in case if any component have a
dependency to the so called API change. but after the release AFAIK all the
Kernel fixes done in patch0001 should be reflected in the Nexus repo ,
right? or am I missing something here.

>> Thanks,
>> NuwanD.
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Ajith Vitharana <aji...@wso2.com>wrote:

>>> It is not practical to develop/integrate feature at  *chunk01* to
>>> compatible in all over the platform.
>>>
>>> Eg: How to test/integrate AM with pagination at the *chunk01* without
>>> proper AM build (or distributed setup) ???.
>>> At the chunk01 we did AS, IS but pagination didn't involved with those
>>> products.
>>>
>>> My suggestion is we should restrict the API changes once we finished at
>>> least  one release of the all the products from a given kernel release.
>>> Because kernel 4.2.0 based product releases are major releases that
>>> involves many new features and integrations, therefore nothing to wonder
>>> with API changes.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Ajith.

>>> --