"If there is a deployment then the deployment button is enable" I assume
you meant If there is a build then enable the deploy button. But what if
all the builds are unsuccessful? We are not storing about last successful
build in rxt. So at that point this feature is incomplete I guess.

And as ashansa pointed out when deploy is called we are also calling a
build. So if we are going forward with this button disabling thing we may
need to remove that implementation. And currently we are displaying a
message at build and deploy saying build / deploy is submitted, check in a
while. So things are good enough for me.

And yeah polling is not good. So if we really need this my suggestion is to
wait until user clicks the build/deploy button, then check whether there is
a successful build to deploy and if not display a warning message about
that. This will solve it in a better way with lesser no of calls. WDYT?

Thanks & Regards
Danushka Fernando
Software Engineer
WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/