Hi Azeez,

As we know in OSGi world we have tow types of dependencies 1) OSGi
services, 2) Bundle wiring . updating a bundle with new bundle we can solve
OSGi services dependencies correctly but when we come to bundle wiring we
need to find out correct dependency closure and refresh that OSGi bundles.
If not the bundle which already wired with old bundle will not get wired
with the update osgi bundle. Hence we need to carefully thing about this
process.

Thanks,
Shameera.

n Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Folks,
> Our patching strategy has been to make an exact copy of the patched jar,
> and then during startup, do a bundle replacement.
>
> With Carbon 5, our aim is to be able to patch bundles without requiring a
> full restart of the OSGi runtime. I read somewhere that;
>
> update <bundle id> file:patches/<new Bundle name>
>

> is one way of patching a bundle.
>
> So say we are patching org.wso2.carbon.core-4.2.0.jar, we could have a
> patched jar called org.wso2.carbon.core-4.2.0.p0001.jar and then do;
>
> update 23 file:patches/p0001/org.wso2.carbon.core-4.2.0.p0001.jar
>

> Will this strategy work?
>
> --
> *Afkham Azeez*
> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
> * <http://www.apache.org/>*
> *email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>
> * cell: +94 77 3320919 <%2B94%2077%203320919> blog: *
> *http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>
> *twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
> * linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez
> <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez>*