An alternative solution can be proposed based on the nature of the jaggery
app. i.e. is it available in the product itself, similar to publisher and
store apps of APIM or is it an app you deploy in to AppServer or any other
server.

1. If it is packed with the product, you can simply keep the site.json file
as a template in puppet or in a suitable way if you are using any other
config management mechanisms.

2. If the app is deployed in to a server, then it is somewhat difficult to
manage the config files. Then, one option is to bundle the correct config
file at the build time (using some maven params or ant stuff).

I don't think we should change the way how the config is read. This could
be done with alternatives according to your requirements. But, there is no
concrete solution IMO.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Manuranga Perera <m...@wso2.com> wrote:

> *Current Implementation*
> We currently keep configuration files for jaggery apps within the app
> itself (eg: site.json).
>
> *Issue with Current Implementation*
> But this is creating some difficulties in multi environment deployments.
> Since the configuration files will contain some environment specific
> information (eg: SSO IDP URL), this makes the artifacts un-portable across
> environments.
>
> *Suggested Solution*
> We can implement a mechanism where the configuration is read from an
> outside location (eg: repository/conf) at deployment time and keep it in
> the application context and reuse it.
>

> Let's discuss the feasibility of this solution. alternative solutions are
> welcome.
>
> --
> With regards,
> *Manu*ranga Perera.