> Or cant we create the configurations based on the environment at the
> startup maybe ?  I assume you need to change the hostname/port etc right ?

I am trying do do this, but direct references to site.json are in lot of
places (I am looking at APIM store). so to avoid doing lot of custom
changes, I'll try writing the correct config back to site.json at start-up
time.

1. If it is packed with the product, you can simply keep the site.json file
> as a template in puppet or in a suitable way if you are using any other
> config management mechanisms.

we are tying to avoid situations where things in deployment/server
directory are managed directly by puppet. because it creates problems with
multi management node setups, when multiple noes try to commit at start-up.

--
With regards,
*Manu*ranga Perera.

phone : 071 7 70 20 50