Did we check with the community as to how stable v241 is? I don't quite see
any issue in adapting the aforesaid version as a starting point, if it is
considered stable and has adequate support for all the expected
functionalities. If we come across any limitation while we're into further
developments with the adapted version, then it's always possible for us to
go for any future (stable) version too, as the situation demands.

BTW, please also talk to BAM team and see if we could align their plans of
going for a newer version of Hadoop, with ours so that both parties can
benefit out of this effort.

Cheers,
Prabath

--