Hi all,

   - I started to translate test-cases written for ESB-product to robot
   test script, a as separate test module to the ESB using my tool. But i
   faced several issues when translate them, because of ESB use different
   service and its responses are different formats. Those are noted here.
   - Since we can invoke services operation by providing different
   information like service name, operation, parameters, data etc. user get
   confuse selecting correct keyword. When translating test cases i realized
   that when use command to invoke operations user have to provide many
   information. Thus this can be complex to user to understand it. Thus to
   overcome the complexity and provide the readability i implement new
   keywords to specify those details one by one rather than in a line.
   - Below are the command used for invoke service operations,

1)
echo Payload Test
invoke Operation In  echo  echoString  in  HelloWorld #invoke operation
Assert InvokeOperation  HelloWorld #assert output
invoke Operation In  echo  echoInt  in  123
Assert InvokeOperation  123
${out} invoke Operation In  echo  echoStringArrays  a  AA  b  BB  c  11
Log ${out}

These blue lines are the command for invoke operations. for command we have
to provide the service name, operation and parameters. This keyword can be
use if the response is basic string or array types.

2)
Test Sample
get Attibute Value Of OperationIn  quote  getQuote  last  symbol  wso2
Assert GetAttibuteValueOfOperationIn  Fault: response message 'last' price
null

Here this blue color line is also used to invoke operations. user have to
used this kind of keyword if response is bit complex. this kind of response
can be get from the stockQuoteService. Because user may interested the
one attribute of the response. here "last" is the such a attribute of the
response. Thus when this kind of response is required, this command get bit
complex. Thus i introduce the another way to invoke operations.

3)
Test Sample
set ServiceName  quote
set ServiceOperation  getQuote
set ServiceParentChild  request
set ServiceParas  symbol  wso2
${o}= InvokeOperation
assertNotNull  ${o}
${la}= get OperationValue  last
assertNotNull  ${la}

This is the alternative and best way of invoke operations. here details are
provided as step by step. then it improve the readability. Also with this
user can invoke operation easily that accept no of parameters.

   - These are the 3 methods that can be used to invoke operations. But i
   like to know which way is prefer for this tools. can we use all this or
   just use one way to handle every operations? Also i like to know whether
   there is any other solutions.
   - Also there is some difficulties when understanding the
   SimpleStockQuote based test cases written in ESB product test. Thus, can we
   have a time to discuss about these things.
   - Also i hope write some documents to provide details of how to write
   test case using this tool. So i hope to work on it after clear these
   issues.

Thanks and regards.

--

*Rukshan Chathuranga.*