On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Rukshan Chathuranga <rcruksha...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>    - I started to translate test-cases written for ESB-product to robot
>    test script, a as separate test module to the ESB using my tool. But i
>    faced several issues when translate them, because of ESB use different
>    service and its responses are different formats. Those are noted here.
>    - Since we can invoke services operation by providing different
>    information like service name, operation, parameters, data etc. user get
>    confuse selecting correct keyword. When translating test cases i realized
>    that when use command to invoke operations user have to provide many
>    information. Thus this can be complex to user to understand it. Thus to
>    overcome the complexity and provide the readability i implement new
>    keywords to specify those details one by one rather than in a line.
>    - Below are the command used for invoke service operations,
>

> 1)
> echo Payload Test
> invoke Operation In  echo  echoString  in  HelloWorld #invoke operation
>  Assert InvokeOperation  HelloWorld #assert output
> invoke Operation In  echo  echoInt  in  123
>  Assert InvokeOperation  123
> ${out} invoke Operation In  echo  echoStringArrays  a  AA  b  BB  c  11
>  Log ${out}
>

> These blue lines are the command for invoke operations. for command we
> have to provide the service name, operation and parameters. This keyword
> can be use if the response is basic string or array types.
>
> 2)
> Test Sample
> get Attibute Value Of OperationIn  quote  getQuote  last  symbol  wso2
>  Assert GetAttibuteValueOfOperationIn  Fault: response message 'last'
> price null
>
> Here this blue color line is also used to invoke operations. user have to
> used this kind of keyword if response is bit complex. this kind of response
> can be get from the stockQuoteService. Because user may interested the
> one attribute of the response. here "last" is the such a attribute of the
> response. Thus when this kind of response is required, this command get bit
> complex. Thus i introduce the another way to invoke operations.
>
> 3)
> Test Sample
> set ServiceName  quote
>  set ServiceOperation  getQuote
> set ServiceParentChild  request
>  set ServiceParas  symbol  wso2
> ${o}= InvokeOperation
>  assertNotNull  ${o}
> ${la}= get OperationValue  last
>  assertNotNull  ${la}

+1 for 3 approach. this approach reduces the complexity of dealing with the
requests ans responses. BTW, I have a problem related to some keywords you
have used ( ServiceName....., OperationValue..). Are these keywords your
own keyworks or kind of default keywords. If these are your own keywords ,
how do we instruct users to use those keywords in the test scripts ?

> This is the alternative and best way of invoke operations. here details
> are provided as step by step. then it improve the readability. Also with
> this user can invoke operation easily that accept no of parameters.
>

>    - These are the 3 methods that can be used to invoke operations. But i
>    like to know which way is prefer for this tools. can we use all this or
>    just use one way to handle every operations? Also i like to know whether
>    there is any other solutions.
>    - Also there is some difficulties when understanding the
>    SimpleStockQuote based test cases written in ESB product test. Thus, can we
>    have a time to discuss about these things.
>    - Also i hope write some documents to provide details of how to write
>    test case using this tool. So i hope to work on it after clear these
>    issues.
>

> Thanks and regards.

Regards,
Malintha Adikari