Hi Senaka,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Danesh Kuruppu <dan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Senaka,
>
> In the current system, event capturing is done through handlers. We
> couldn't come up with a solution through handlers.

As we went through the code and the complexity of change should be done in
order to achieve this with the RegistryEventHandler and the handler
architecture is bit complected. Hence we thought of go for a different
solution where we introduce a new subscription type in governance level and
we allow subscribe in artifact listing page where other subscriptions will
remain the same. As Danesh's figure we will do subscribing and
unsubscribing using the list view.
We understand that this will complicate the list view but if we add this in
the resource level then the normal subscription story will break. There
will be complications with the following areas.

   1. How to show different event and notification types. We are planning
   to have a pop-up which has the similar view as our normal subscription
   2. Managing existing subscriptions. As I mentioned in 1 since we use the
   similar view as our normal subscription it will come with the view and
   delete option for existing subscription.

Also there is a problem of notifying in governance API since governance API
can be use as a client library, need to find a solution.

thanks
Eranda

> Current suggested solution is,
>
> We are giving another subscribe button in artifact level(in List view)
> which is used for subscribe Artifact update and delete [Please find the
> attached screenshot]. other subscriptions(check/uncheck LC, remove LC,
> approve LC etc) are not going to change and are done in resource level.
> So user can subscribe to update and delete notifications in Artifact level
> and they will handle separately.
>
> Please give feedback on this.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Shavantha Weerasinghe <shavan...@wso2.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Danesh
>>
>> For notifications cant we have an option where the user gets to select
>> which group of resources user wants to update by ticking to enable and
>> generate notifications for only that area.
>>
>> Will that be extra work for the user
>>
>> Regards
>> On Aug 15, 2014 6:09 PM, "Senaka Fernando" <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Danesh,
>>>
>>> Yes, this is problem that we need to fix.
>>>
>>> I think we need to find a way to mask notifications for certain
>>> operations. Ideally the association processing is a part of the update and
>>> doesn't require separate notifications. But, this functionality of masking
>>> should not just be specific to this use-case, but generically usable for
>>> any similar scenario. Before having the call, can you do some research and
>>> propose a solution to this? Based on that, lets discuss.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Senaka.

>>> --
>>>

>>> *[image: http://wso2.com] <http://wso2.com> Senaka Fernando*
>>> Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>>

>>> * Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org
>>> <http://apache.org>E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com <http://wso2.com>**P: +1
>>> 408 754 7388 <%2B1%20408%20754%207388>; ext: 51736*;
>>>

>>> *M: +44 782 741 1966 <%2B44%20782%20741%201966> Linked-In:
>>> http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando
>>> <http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando>*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

> Danesh Kuruppu
> Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc,
> Mobile: +94 (77) 1690552

*Eranda Sooriyabandara*Senior Software Engineer;
Integration Technologies Team;
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

E-mail: eranda AT wso2.com