Hi,
In my background search i found that sed -r option is not available in mac
osx(not included in mac osx sed manual)

(below the result in ubuntu)
$ man sed
-r, --regexp-extended

              use extended regular expressions in the script.

In mac os x we can use -E instead of -r if so we need to have two
configuration folders, one for ubuntu and other one for mac(may be more in
future). As Nirmal mentioned this is a maintenance overhead IMO. It will be
better if we move forward with gsed since it is same as sed we use in unix
systems.

(man result in mac)
$ man sed

-E      Interpret regular expressions as extended (modern) regular
expressions rather than basic regular expressions (BRE's).  The
re_format(7) manual page fully describes both formats.

thanks,

Thushara

Mobile : *+94 (0) 773438949*
*thusha...@wso2.com <thusha...@wso2.com>*