I do understand that we'd already spent considerable amount of time
rewriting the DAO layers implemented as part of RSS Manager to use JPA.
However, some of the inconsistencies/issues observed in JPA provider
implementations such as OpenJPA, etc got me thinking we should probably try
to make things simpler particularly, since all of these database logics
could be implemented in an ANSII compliant and vendor-neutral manner using
native SQL. Then again, one might wonder why we don't opt to go get the JPA
related issues fixed/use some stable JPA library to get over the said
issues. That's obviously going be a little complicated as we might probably
depend on some third party library acting as the JPA provider, the control
of which is out of our hands. Therefore, this effort is primarily aimed at
making things simpler and maintainable without getting ourselves dependent
on any third party library for persisting entities manipulated as part of
the respective DAO layers.

I'm +1 for this.

Cheers,
Prabath