On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Darshana Gunawardana <darsh...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Azeez,
>
> What it needs here is a distributed map which get synced among nodes in
> the cluster.
>
> 1. What would be the best way to do that? Using a Hazelcast distributed
> map?
> 2. If Hazelcast distributed map is a option, do we have a way to use a
> Hazelcast map when writing a component using 4.2.0 kernel.

I don't see any difference between using javax.cache.Cache and distributed
map except that cache has a timeout. But you can set the timeout to a large
value and that makes it no different to distributed map. Anyway we can't
rely on both of them for HA if entire cluster goes down. In that case we
need to persist. So +1 for javax.cache.Cache.

> Thanks,
> Darshana
>
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM, Firzhan Naqash <firz...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are there any specific way to make sure that cache doesn't get
>>> invalidated other than setting a longer duration in the setExpiry() method
>>> of CacheBuilder ?
>>>

>> No you have to set a large cache expiry time
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Firzhan
>>>

>> --
>> *Afkham Azeez*
>> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://www.apache.org/
>> * <http://www.apache.org/>*
>> *email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>
>> * cell: +94 77 3320919 <%2B94%2077%203320919>blog: *
>> *http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>
>> *twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*
>> <http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
>> *linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez
>> <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez>*
>>
>> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*

> *Darshana Gunawardana*Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>
> *E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
> *Mobile: +94718566859 <%2B94718566859>*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Thanks & Regards,

*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*
Associate Technical Lead & Product Lead of WSO2 Identity Server
Integration Technologies Team
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware

Mobile - *+94777776950*