Hi Malithi,

Changing /etc/hosts at test runtime is not recommended. You cannot edit
this file without super user privileges. And our tests are public, so
anybody should be able to run the tests thus accessing system files of test
execution environment will be a problem.

You need to write these cases as platform tests.  For the time being you
can assume two IS instances are running in different hosts and go ahead
with test cases writing. Our plan is to provide automated product
deployment framework in future, so once it is available you can get those
tests cases fully automated.

Please refer how MB team wrote their platform tests at
https://github.com/wso2-dev/product-mb/tree/master/modules/integration/tests-platform

Thanks,
Krishantha.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Malithi Edirisinghe <malit...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Waruna,
>
> The problem is changing the etc/hosts in automation tests. I don't think
> it's recommended when writing integrations tests.
>
> Hope there would be some better solution for this.
>
> Thanks,
> Malithi.
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Waruna Perera <waru...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Malithi,
>>
>> To overcome session cookie problem pls look at[1].
>>
>> [1]
>> http://warunaperera.blogspot.com/2014/06/enablingsso-for-wso2-servers-overcome.html
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Malithi Edirisinghe <malit...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm working on automating the OpenID to SAML federation flow. At the
>>> moment OpenID implementation on IS 5.1.0 depends on the session, which
>>> would be fixed in future. Hence when I start two IS instances with the same
>>> hostname changing only the port the OpenID federation flow breaks since the
>>> cookie is bound to the hostname and this overwrites each other's session
>>> information resulting in lost sessions. Thus, I need to start two IS
>>> instances that bind to different hostnames.
>>> I would like to know whether this is possible with TAF 4.2.8 or how
>>> could we achieve this scenario ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Malithi.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Malithi Edirisinghe*
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc.
>>>
>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 718176807
>>> malit...@wso2.com

>> Waruna Perera
>> Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation
>> Mobile: +94 77 3867037
>> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com/
>> lean . enterprise . middlewear.
>>

> --