Hi All,

We are in the process of integrating puppet scripts to Mac OS X, Where we
have implementation to install list of tools to be installed by puppet
script when executed, The puppet code looks like below.

*$packages = ['lsof','unzip','sysstat','telnet', 'git', 'less', 'tree',
'zip']*

* package { $packages:*

 *                ensure => installed,*

*                provider  => 'brew',*

*        }*

Here, *$Packages* has the tools to be installed using the *brew*.

When i execute this, it gives error as below,

*Error: Failed to apply catalog: Parameter provider failed on
Package[lsof]: Invalid package provider 'brew' at
/home/rajeevan/appfactory/modules/wso2base/manifests/packages.pp:9*

*Wrapped exception:*

*Invalid package provider 'brew'*

*Wrapped exception:*

*Invalid package provider 'brew'*

Then we executed the command - *brew install unzip* - just to ensure the
unzip tool is getting installed, but it doesn't.

google it and found a solution [1]

*$ brew tap homebrew/dupes *

*$ brew install unzip*

This works nicely,

But, As far as puppet concerned, How to do this in my above puppet script?

Appreciate your view on this please.

[1]
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/149080/how-can-i-update-my-version-of-unzip-to-version-6-00-or-higher
Thanks & Regards,