Hi,

I'm researching for a way to improve some things in DSS, especially in the
REST part, for example, I wish to implement, a better way to receive any
JSON format, or do a better dynamic query construct without the SQL
injection problems, or to use JPQL instead SQL, and to support REST that
allow, dynamic filter, queries range and count of this filter, to support
WADL generation, etc...,
I know how to do these things using JAX-RS, but I like to create this
inside DSS as appears to be a better place for this type of service as its
especially focused in Data part of SOA.

For example, today in DSS we must send this payload to create a New Country:

{
    "_postcountry":{
        "code":"7",
        "name":"BRASIL",
        "acronym":"BRA",
        "bankCode":"1058",
        "ddiCode":"55"
    }
}

and this broke the RESTFul idea to use HTTP Methods, as some clients use
today the payload just as:
    {
        "code":"7",
        "name":"BRASIL",
        "acronym":"BRA",
        "bankCode":"1058",
        "ddiCode":"55"
    }

I know we can deal with this using mediation in ESB to inject the parts
needed by DSS, but why dont support this directly in DSS to avoid
unnecessary overheads? or for example, a more complex scenario, where I
post a payload with all data, and create the other data if necessary.

Other example, I wish to solve some bugs, like if we send this payload:

{
    "_postcountry":{
        "code":"8",
        "name":"BOLIVIA",
        "acronym":"BOL",
        "bankCode": null,
        "ddiCode": null
    }
}

we got java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.wso2.carbon.dataservices.core.description.query.SQLQuery.processNormalQuery(SQLQuery.java:863)
at
org.wso2.carbon.dataservices.core.description.query.SQLQuery.runQuery(SQLQuery.java:2247)

Then I wish to know what is the better point to starting implementing this
inside DSS, can the DSS developers point me to a roadmap of how to achieve
this, and cut the path of research just in code? About BUGs, whats is the
better way to discover the right source of the running version, checkout,
run tests, debug, try to solve, and after solved, send the patch?

Thanks for any tip or help.

Clóvis Wichoski
NeoInix