Hi Chanaka

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Chanaka Fernando <chana...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am writing this mail to take the discussions related to $subject in to a
> single place. With the ESB 4.9.0 release, we are removing the UI capability
> of applying security policies from the management console. Going forward,
> users can only apply security policies to ESB proxy services using
> developer studio. Even though this functionality is already available in
> the Developer Studio, it has some edge cases when we use that approach. One
> such limitation is that there is no place to select the users/roles in the
> developer studio when applying the security policy. Currently, this
> information is stored in meta files and with the 4.9.0 version, service
> meta files are removed. Plan is to store this information in registry and
> access from their. From the Developer Studio also, it will create the
> registry file when applying security policies.

Recently i came across a issue where i had to add UTTokenPolicy  from
DevStudio, i was able to get this done by adding <parameter
name="allowRoles">admin</parameter> to the proxy config. Wouldnt this be
easy than storing them in registry and accessing again.

--
*Susinda Perera*
Software Engineer

WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com/