On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Sewmini Jayaweera <sewm...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have configured API manager in order to view runtime statistics using
> [1].
>
> When I publish an API and subscribe to it I could not view API
> subscriptions statistics until the API got invoked. Please refer [2] in
> order to see the jira.
>
> It is highly appreciated if someone can explain me following queries I
> have.
>
> 1. As I understood API subscription related data is not stored in
> 'WSO2AM_STATS_DB'. If so from where does API manager read those information
> in order to depict them.

Subscription data will be pulled out from AM_DB and show them in publisher
UI.
Can you go to subscriptions(its the main subscription menu item and not the
one under Statistics) menu and see active subscriptions?

> 2. How exactly API manager statistics get updated? Since it's not
> happening real time, is there a time interval where the update happens? If
> so is it configurable ?

Hive query runs for each 2 minutes and write data to stats database. If
need you can change that frequency(we normally dont change this as 2
minutes is reasonable time)

> [1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM180/Publishing+API+Runtime+Statistics
> [2] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/APIMANAGER-3460

Thanks,