Hi Imesh,

I have now pushed my changes to [1].

Did we had a discussion on selecting Jinja as a template engine for this? I
> would like to see a review of Jinja compared to other python based template
> engines and reasons for selecting it.

Following are the technologies available similar to jinja
<http://jinja.pocoo.org/>.

Mako <http://www.makotemplates.org/>
Genshi <http://genshi.edgewall.org/>
Django <https://www.djangoproject.com/>

According to the Jinja website benchmarks from the testsuite show that
Jinja2 has a similar performance to Mako and is between 10 and 20 times
faster than Django’s template engine or Genshi[2].
Further more the [3] contains detailed comparison with real values.

[1]
https://github.com/anuruddhal/product-private-paas/tree/master/Configurator
[2]http://jinja.pocoo.org/docs/dev/faq/
[3]
http://blog.sendwithus.com/python-templating-performance-showdown-django-vs-jinja/

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Good work Anuruddha! I guess you are working on a PPaaS fork. Please
> commit your changes to your personal git repository and arrange a code
> review so that we can review the implementation design at early stages.
> Once you are done with the initial implementation please send a PR.
>
> Did we had a discussion on selecting Jinja as a template engine for this?
> I would like to see a review of Jinja compared to other python based
> template engines and reasons for selecting it.
>
> I would recommend not to refer Puppet when designing the Configurator. It
> would be better think out of the box and design according to the need we
> have here in Carbon cartridges. Configurator would be similar to Stratos
> cartridge agent and might need to use the same python base plugin
> architecture we used in PCA.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <
>> anurudd...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Raj,
>>>
>>> I hope this is similar to puppet, where we keep some default carbon
>>>

>>> Configurator changes the parameters in default carbon server
>>> configurations files by reading parameters from a file.
>>> This is similar to puppet.
>>>
>>> I would like to see the format of the file from which Configurator reads
>>>
>>> Please find the sample configurations file below.
>>>
>>> [DEFAULTS]
>>> clustering=true
>>> members={"mgt.as.wso2.com": 4100,"as.wso2.com": 4300}
>>> localMemberHost= 127.0.1.1
>>> localMemberPort= 4100
>>> subDomain= mgt
>>> stratos_instance_data_worker_host_name= as.wso2.com
>>> stratos_instance_data_mgt_host_name= mgt.as.wso2.com
>>> portOffset=1
>>> http_proxy_port=80