Hi,

The reason for .bashrc not working in Solaris is that it uses default
Bourne shell [1] when you open the terminal. But in the terminal if you
type 'bash' and switch to bash shell, bashrc should work. However .profile
works in any case as that is not attached to any shell but instead user
profile in the OS.

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19683-01/806-7612/6jgfmsvrq/index.html

Regards,
TharinduE