Hi harsha,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm not pretty sure about my understanding of
patches. Ok here is what I have done.
I had a requirement of sending an email whenever a user signs up in the API
Store, So what I did was extend the *UserSignUpWorkflowExecutor* class and
also wrote the logic for sending email to the user in my complete method
then depending on whether the status is approved or not I send an email. So
Initially I made a jar file and followed the procedure mentioned in  :
https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM190/Customizing+a+Workflow+Extension
But when I ran API manager, there was an exeption that the DTO class was not
found, which made me realize that in the sample code there was an
SubscriptionWorkflowDTO class that contained details about subscriptions
being created but there was no UserSignUpDTO class available. So Now I have
a sample class that extends the *UserSignUpWorkflowExecutor* class and i
have implemented the same kind of logic implented in
*UserSignUpWSWorkflowExecutor* class with an additional capability of
sending an email.
So in this scenario, will applying a patch do? If so will save me a lot of
time and effort. Can you suggest what should be the best approach