On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Darshana Gunawardana <darsh...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Niranjan Karunanandham <niran...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Darshana,
>>
>> The p2.inf of tenant-mgt has been copying to the multitenancy folder
>> since carbon 4.2.0 [1] and products have been copying this to the conf
>> folder via their bin.xml which the carbon refers. Any reason as to why the
>> tenant-mgt.xml needs to be copied to the multitenancy folder in the p2.inf?
>>

> I also do not know why the p2.inf copy tenant-mgt.xml to multitenancy
> folder in kernel 4.2.0. IIRC, prior to 4.2.0 tenant-mgt.xml copied from
> kernel bin.xml.
>
> Anyway as of now, i think the clean way to read tenant-mgt.xml is from
> multitenancy folder.

That's what I thought initially. But since we are using this in conf dir
moving the file would bring up migration changes, etc. hence if we are
doing that we would need to do in a minor/ major release.
But before that we need to justify why we are moving the conf file to
multitenacy folder. If that was the plan and someone missed to move it then
I think we should move it. Otherwise its wiser to to keep it in the conf.

thanks,

> Thanks,
> Darshana.
>

>> [1] -
>> https://svn.wso2.com/wso2/custom/projects/projects/carbon/turing/platform/trunk/features/stratos/common/org.wso2.carbon.stratos.common.server.feature/2.2.2/resources
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nira
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Darshana Gunawardana <darsh...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> According to pattern we keep config files, tenant-mgt.xml should be in
>>> conf/multitenancy/ folder. Can't we have a third option to fix [1]?
>>>
>>> [1] -
>>> https://github.com/wso2/carbon4-kernel/blame/v4.4.1-RC2/core/org.wso2.carbon.user.core/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/user/core/config/TenantMgtXMLProcessor.java#L137
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Darshana.

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> *Darshana Gunawardana*Senior Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>>
>>> *E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
>>> *Mobile: +94718566859 <%2B94718566859>*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

>> *Niranjan Karunanandham*
>> Senior Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc.
>> WSO2 Inc.: http://www.wso2.com

> *Darshana Gunawardana*Senior Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>
> *E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
> *Mobile: +94718566859 <%2B94718566859>*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Supun Malinga,

Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc.
http://wso2.com