If you change the password via the user-mgt.xml file, then you need not
worry about changing passwords in the api-manager.xml file. If you change
it via the UI, then you need to update the api-manager.xml as well.

We need the admin credentials to talk to admin services residing in other
VMs. Is there a way to derive the admin password from the carbon runtime if
its updated by the UI?

This is how we get the admin password at the moment, but it doesn't seem to
be picking the password value which you provide through the UI.

*RealmConfiguration realmConfig = new
RealmConfigXMLProcessor().buildRealmConfigurationFromFile();*
*String password = realmConfig.getAdminPassword();*

Thanks,
NuwanD.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Ayyoob Hamza <ayy...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Found the reason for having to change the password fields on api manager
> config[1]. However I wonder why cant we have a default behaviour on api
> manager to be able to adapt and work for default admin credentials And
>  then be able to adapt other configurations only if its specified ?.
>
> [1]https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM190/Maintaining+Logins+and+passwords
>
> Thanks
>
> *Ayyoob Hamza*
> *Software Engineer*
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> email: ayy...@wso2.com cell: +94 77 1681010 <%2B94%2077%207779495>
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Ayyoob Hamza <ayy...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I have shared the WSO2 API manager 1.9.0 user datasource with the CDMF
>> user datastore. I am getting "insufficient privileges" as a error message
>> when I access the api manager  store with the admin credential.  This
>> behaviour appeared after changing the password for admin user from the cdmf
>> carbon console.
>>
>> I wanted to know whether I need to change the password details on the
>> api-manager.xml from api manager configuration ?. Is this the expected
>> behaviour of api manager ?. If so wanted to know whether is there a
>> specific reason for editing the password fields on these configuration
>> files.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> *Ayyoob Hamza*
>> *Software Engineer*