Hi Chalitha,

We checked this with local Oracle (Oracle express edition) setup. Following
are the investigations.

1. Initially there are only two inactive connections.

SQL> SELECT SID, SERIAL#, STATUS, SERVER FROM V$SESSION WHERE
USERNAME='GREGREGISTRY';

       SID    SERIAL# STATUS   SERVER
---------- ---------- -------- ---------
16   51 INACTIVE DEDICATED
       103   53 INACTIVE DEDICATED

2. Import a registry and add some resources - At thus point the number of
connections increase and there are both active and inactive connections.
This is possibly due to indexing thread continuously access the REG_LOG
table and it depends on the number of indexing threads.

3. After some idle time, the number of connections drop down to above two
inactive connections.

4. Go into overview page and view the asset details. This would probably
increase the connections if it doesn't get served from cache.

5. After some idle time it again drops down to two inactive connections

I suppose there are some settings to be done on the Oracle end to terminate
connections. Is this getting reproduced in MySQL, MariaDB in your end?

Shazni Nazeer
Mob : +94 777737331
LinkedIn : http://lk.linkedin.com/in/shazninazeer
Blog : http://shazninazeer.blogspot.com