Ok if we allow these to be extended then we should not be adding our logic
from the product here, but seems that we have made improvements within the
extensible part.

We should add our changes to a default sequence that is used unless it has
been overridden by a custom sequence that has been defined for this purpose
by the user. That way we can upgrade the default sequences and users who
haven't overridden it get to use it.

But seems that the way thing are now we can achieve the same affect by
asking users to copy the sequences over if they have made any
customizations. Either way if they have done customizations they need to
copy them. So we can simply ask them to do that and not try to migrate
automatically.

:) Agree with Lakmali, who replied on the other thread, user should only
copy the sequences if they have customized them. No need to do anything
with the migration client

On 13 January 2016 at 07:26, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Uvindra Dias Jayasinha <uvin...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I think the only way is to complicate the migration instructions,
>>
>> If user has customized any sequences they need to copy them over manually
>> to latest pack and we will use those.(Discalimer to user: You maybe missing
>> out on the latest changes shipped with the default sequences in the latest
>> pack)
>>
>> Migration client doesn't need to do anything then, its not in a position
>> to make a proper decision anyway.
>>
>> But its pretty clear this is a hole in our extensibility. We dont provide
>> official extension points to make changes in the areas that these specific
>> sequences address, forcing uses to change the default sequences that are
>> shipped which makes upgrading a pain. We should address this in a future
>> release
>>

> The sole purpose of these sequences are for extensibility. Ex: To change
> the message type of a auth failure error. So its understandable that people
> edit them.
>

>> On 13 January 2016 at 05:23, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:

>>> This part is tricky. Since we do not know the amount nor nature of
>>> customisations they may have done, can we guarantee the migration client
>>> will do its job properly since it doesn't know the content/state of the
>>> file before it starts to execute on it?

>>> --
>>> Nuwan Dias
>>>
>>> Technical Lead - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com