Hi Devs,

While implementing puppet modules in [1] I came across with syntax errors
(using tabs, missing semicolons etc) in yaml files and which was detected
only at the puppet runtime.
True that some editors do syntax validation, but there could be situations
developers use simple editors. IMO its good if we can provide yaml
validation into the project itself, which would
make sure there are no yaml syntax errors. For now, I wrote a simple ruby
script[2] to validate this and were able to find one issue in a yaml file
:)
May be we could incorporate this into the maven build file? WDYT?

[1] https://github.com/wso2/puppet-modules
[2]
=================================
begin
  require 'yaml'

  Dir.glob('**/*.yaml') do |rb_file|
    YAML.load_file("#{rb_file}")
  end

rescue => e
  puts "Error during processing: #{$!}"
end

Thanks,
Sajith

--
Sajith Kariyawasam
*Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos, *